Apple pudding cake
- 250g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 dessertspoons ground cinnamon
- 225ml milk
- 350g dark brown soft sugar
- 325ml water
- 30g butter
- 100g chopped peeled apples
- 60g chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease the bottom of a 23cm square baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk. Mix well and pour into prepared tin.
3. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, water and butter. Bring to the boil and pour over mixture in the tin. Sprinkle top with nuts and chopped apples.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the pudding comes out clean. Serve warm.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Souces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.