Derbyshire Batter Pudding
Debyshire Batter Pudding. A traditional batter pudding which is steamed rather than baked
- 3 eggs
- 1 pint of milk
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Add a little milk to the flour and stir until smooth.
2. Slowly add the rest of the milk, stirring all the time.
3. Melt the butter and add this to the mixture.
4. Next beat the eggs and add them with the salt to the mixture.
5. Beat well.
6. Pour into a well-greased pudding basin, cover with greaseproof paper and steam for 1 1/2 hours.
Listed in the Sweet Sauce section of the website.
White Sauce with Brandy.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Souces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Sauces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.