Oxford Pudding. A traditional pudding from Oxfordshire. Puff past try, apricots, with a meringue topping
- 6 apricots
- a little cream
- sugar to taste
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- puff pastry
1. Steam the apricots until tender.
2. Cut up and add a little sugar to taste.
3. When cold, beat in the 4 whole eggs and cream.
4. Butter a pie dish and line with puff pastry.
5. Place the mixture over it and bake for about 30 minutes in a hot oven 220oc/425of/gas mark 7.
6. Turn the oven down for the last 15 mins.
7. Beat the 2 egg whites, add a little sugar and place over the dish.
8. Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes.
Listed in the Sweet Sauce section of the website.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Souces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Sauces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.